The mySOS function helps you when you get into an emergency while hiking and do not return as planned.
You activate the function at the beginning of your hiking tour. Unlike other apps, mySOS also works when you are in an area without network coverage.
How to activate the emergency notification
These simple steps will activate mySOS. We assume that you already have installed the SummitLynx app.
- Select „mySOS“ in the menu
- Click the „Setup mySOS“ button
- Check your name and phone number
- When you set up the function for the first time, you have to enter your phone number and verify it first
- Enter your expected return date & time
- Select your emergency contact from your contact list (Caution: The phone number of the emergency contact must be able to receive SMS!)
- Enter your planned hiking tour with the main locations
- Confirm the activation of the function
How it works
You will receive a reminder 30 minutes before your scheduled return time that the function is still active. If you are fine, you can deactivate it in the app or directly via SMS. If this does not happen, your emergency contact will receive an SMS with a link at the scheduled return time.
On the linked page, your emergency contact will find all information which you entered when you activated the function as well as your latest check-ins which you made during your hiking tour. In addition, when the emergency function is active, checkpoints are regularly set and transmitted to our server so that the movements can be tracked even better. This means that even on tours without entries, the rescue forces get more information about your location so that they can find you more quickly.
Before your emergency contact calls the mountain rescue team, he or she should make a quick call to check whether you have already returned safely from the tour and perhaps simply forgotten to deactivate the function.